Aaaaaaaaand sure enough: WEAC issues layoff notices to 40% of staff.
For those who don’t know, WEAC does not stand for Welcome Everyone Acting Crabby, Wheat Enemas Are Cool, Whipped Eggplant And Capers, or We Eat Ass Chaps. WEAC stands for Wisconsin Education Association Council. It’s the largest teachers union in Wisconsin. And it’s fallen on hard times.
I know what you’re thinking:
1) Could be all the money the unions have been pouring into their wildly successful opposition to Gov. Walker’s agenda. Should have saved a little for salaries.
2) I love the smell of irony in the
morning afternoon evening daytime.
3) How the hell did Dactyl beat the Trog to this story?
4) Must be time to raise those union dues! I’m sure all their loyal members will be fine with it.
5) That’s not really what irony means.
6) How many teachers have been laid off so far? Is it more than union employees? Seriously, I can’t find numbers anywhere.
What else are you thinking? I’ll tell you just as soon as I make it up.